- Six years experience in writing, copyediting, and editorial acquisitions
- Proficient in Chicago and AP style
- Published 80+ feature-length articles on the topics of food, health, nutrition, craft beer, and sustainability in print and online publications
- Copyedited and/or developmentally edited over 200 articles and books
- Internet and computer savvy, with extensive knowledge of web-based content management systems, Microsoft suite, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, HTML, and CSS
- Organized, efficient, deadline-driven, and dependable
- Managing Editor, Edible San Diego. San Diego; November 2008–Present
- Editorial Specialist, American Specialty Health. San Diego; November 2008–Present
- Writer and Editor, SanDiegoRestaurants.com. San Diego; November 2006–November 2008
- Editor, Plural Publishing Inc. San Diego; October 2004-November 2006
- Public Relations Assistant, Cox Communications. San Diego; 2004
- Serious Eats. New York; Winter 2010–Present
- Edible San Diego. San Diego; Spring 2008–Present
- San Diego Uptown News. San Diego; Spring 2010–Present
- San Diego News Network. San Diego; Summer 2009–Summer 2010
- University of Virginia, B.A., English and Anthropology. Charlottesville, Virginia; 1999-2003
- Center for Educational Exchange, Semester Abroad. Prague, Czech Republic; August-December 2001
- Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology. Alexandria, Virginia; 1994-1999
Worked with authors in the fields of Speech-Language Pathology, Voice, Otolaryngology, and Food & Wine to develop both voice and vision that are clear, concise, and accessible.
- Phonetics: Principles and Practices, 3rd Edition
- English-language translation of Odyssey of the Voice
- Speech and Voice Science
- Anatomy and Physiology for Speech Language Pathologists (unpublished)
Copyedited over 150 restaurant reviews, interviews, recipes, menus, and wine lists for SanDiegoRestaurants.com, LosAngelesRestaurants.com, LasVegasRestaurants.com, and PhiladelphiaRestaurants.com. Extensive knowledge of Chicago Manual of Style; strong familiarity with AP, APA, and AMA Style Guides.
Public Relations, Copy Writing, and Corporate Communications
Produced a variety of written copy for corporate and editorial needs, including press releases, advertising copy, internal and external communications, and house style guidelines. Highlights include:
- Consumer health content for American Specialty Health
- Press releases for Channel 4 programming
- Catalog copy for Plural Publishing, Inc.
- Submission guidelines for SanDiegoRestaurants.com and affiliated sites
- Web copy for the UCSD Faculty Club.